This entry-level smoker is a great choice for backyard enthusiasts who want an offset smoker that’s better quality than the chain store models.
The T304 stainless steel cooking grate holds 5–6 pork butts or 2 whole briskets, and the optional 2nd Tier Grate doubles that. The optional grill pan converts this smoker into a direct-heat grill for burgers and steaks.
Similar to the PR36 BBQ Smoker, this backyard cooker adds a firebox on the side, for cooking offset smoker style. Indirect heat comes from slowly burning wood or charcoal in the firebox. The removable ash pan and easy access to the firebox make stoking the coals hassle-free.
“I couldn’t be happier with the versatility of the SQ36. Maintaining temperature is very easy once you get the vents at the right spot.” —Kevin Rau
Features of the SQ36 Offset Smoker
- Cooking grates are made of rust-free food-grade T304 stainless steel rod and easy to clean.
- Heat enters the bottom of the cooking chamber through the smoke distributor, which helps to keep the temperature consistent throughout the cooker.
- Top and bottom vents maintain control of the internal temperature.
- Sliding ash pan collects all the ashes for easy disposal even while you’re cooking.
- Charcoal grate in the firebox lets the ashes fall below the firebox, so the fire can burn more efficiently.
- The ball valve drain conveniently drains grease and water out of the bottom when it’s time to clean up and wash it out.
- Stay cool handles on the smoker and firebox doors
- Stainless steel calibratable thermometer on the smoker door to keep a tab on the temperature.
- Grill body is made of 13-gauge welded steel and painted with black heat-resistant paint in an attractive matte finish.